Buildings - Castles - Palaces - Churches
Remote - Isolated
Ice & Snow
Floating - Boats
Cabin - Lodge - Huts
Tipee - Tents - Wigwam
Industrial - Factory
Fantasy - Theme
Food - Drink
Décor - Designer - Chic
Other - One Of A Kind
Fortified 16th century farm with local produce delicacies
As the gates of this fortified farm close behind you, you are wrapped in the beauty of nature which invites you towards the entrance. Oleander bushes, bougainvillea and olive trees line your path. Bales of hay and an old well still full of water, are the first whispers of the activity which will be part of your life during your stay. With "Rustic chic", re-utilising artefacts and farm instruments of long ago, the Masseria has created a warm yet stylish ambiance.
The Masseria, was refurbished and renovated not to stand out - but rather to be part of the nature around it. Some of the rooms are the original caves and dwellings of the first settlers in the area hundreds of years ago. Each room, corner and private area has been redesigned or embellished to encompass the natural beauty which it already possesses.
When you open the door of one of the suites, you are carried away to a world of serenity and unique rustic beauty. Each suite has been designed differently with revived artifacts which are both a journey into imagination, and a memory of a time gone.
A sense of nostalgia transports you to a simpler time - yet all the while surrounded by all the modern amenities you need.
The Masseria Montenapoleone provides an accommodation service (B&B formula) with 5 double rooms, 2 Suites, 4 Superior Suite and a Honeymoon Suite - 12 rooms in total.
A swimming pool will be available from April 2011.
The suites are equipped with air conditioning, mini fridge, TV, lounge sofa, bedroom, hairdryer, safe box.
The Masseria Montenapoleone is located in Puglia, in southern Italy somewhere between magic and forgotten with easy access to both the low cost airport gateways of Bari (60km) and Brindisi (50km). The region is rich in history and culture, yet has remained remarkably untouched by mass tourism, and therefore retains a charm seldom found in these well-travelled parts of Europe.
The seaside is just 5 minutes down the road from the Masseria with an abundance of relaxing and reclining choices.
When driving, the Masseria Montenapoleone offers a perfect location from where visitors are just a blink away from the main places and sites in the heart of Puglia. They include;
• The elegant Martina Franca with its noble "old city" surrounded by stone walls with prominent Baroque gates.
• The city of Fasano, immersed in the land of the millinery olive trees and having one of the biggest Zoo Safari in Europe
• Ostuni: the so-called “White City”,
• Cisternino: the doors to the mystic and unique “Itria Valley”,
• Locorotondo: listed as one of the most beautiful hamlets of Italy. Famous for its wines and for its round historical center, from which locorotondo derives its name, meaning "Round place",
• Polignano a Mare: an ancient fisherman village perched on the cliffs of the Adriatic coast,
• Alberobello: the capital of the “Trulli” white dry-stone houses with conical roofs made of lapidary stone.
Facilities and services include:
- Barbecue area,
- Laundry Service
- Renting Mountain Bike
- Booking Service for the main activities in the area (golf, horse riding, tennis, …)
- Montenapoleone privilege card offering discounts in local shops
- Car Park
- Room cleaning
- Baby sitting
and many more relaxing areas spread inside the property.