Amazing fairytale rooms and a Trojan Horse suite
These 10 extraordinarily-decorated and furnished bedrooms, evoke ideas from the four corners of the world, re-interpreted as fairy tales.
Hidden in an unassuming farmhouse up a pleasant - but not particularly noteworthy - country lane, this amazing property was designed and built by architect and visionary hotelier Mr Noël. Originally opening an innovative restaurant, La Gargouille (the Gargoyle), specialising in delicious dishes using local ingredients and bio-organic produce, he has taken inspiration from fairytales to construct these amazing bedrooms, next door to the restaurant. Defying normal classification, these rooms highlight incredible imagination, attention to detail and sheer audacity to delight guests.
Rooms are stunning!! A really imaginative and other-worldly place.
“sailboat in it’s own pool on the 3rd floor ..and many others”
- Sleep with a mermaid in your own sailing yacht, floating in a pool, with a starry sky above... reached via a sea captains snug with oak paneling - on the third floor of the farmhouse !...
- A wheeled Trojan Horse, with access by a lowering drawbridge to enter a beautifully hand crafted, wooden interior !...
- Perhaps a Spaceship in a lunar landscape, evocative of the excitement of first man on the moon in 1969 takes your fancy ?
- Or a wine cellar, with vines, barrels and oak wine press furniture !
- Maybe a trolls habitat, complete with goldfish swimming in the stream running through your bedroom?
...and many more besides...
15 minutes’ drive from Durbuy [10 km - 6.5 miles], and abou 2hours from Brussels.